Advice To Make Your Three-Day Golf Break In Algarve Unforgettable
One of many great advantages of a golfing trip to the Algarve is its proximity to major population areas, notably the many regions of the golf loving UK. Faro Airport in the Algarve’s capital has flight connections with most of the UK’S regional airports; flight times are never more than three hours. It is possible to fly in the morning and play that same afternoon. Equally a morning game followed by a mid-afternoon flight means that golfers can be home in the evening. A two day break would allow 2 games; a three day one 4 games if you are prepared to play 36 on the middle day.
If you have a long weekend available involving just a single day’s holiday to add to Saturday and Sunday, then the Algarve is worth consideration, especially given the factors already mentioned. There are others:
- The Algarve’s latitude is such that the climate is good all year round and play is possible in mid-winter.
- It is a fairly compact area and all its courses are easily accessible even with limited time.
- There is a well-developed tourist infrastructure with plenty of hotels to suit every budget.
- There is plenty to do when you are not on the course, day or night.
So where do you start?
Given you have selected a destination then you need to look at the detail:
- Winter golf in the UK can be very frustrating. Your local course may be closed due to poor weather and even if it is open it may be playing on temporary tees and greens. The Algarve is fine for an extended weekend break even in mid-winter. The first thing to decide is when you and your party want to go.
- Are there regional flights to suit you at the time you want to go?
- You may want to minimise travelling once you are in the Algarve. That will determine the courses you may decide to look at more closely. You have the choice of hotels with associated golf courses and easy transfers from reception to those courses.
- If travel is no problem then you may decide to rent vehicles to drive yourself. That allows you to pick whichever courses you want. When it comes to accommodation then something centrally situated will make that easier.
You will really enjoy the Algarve; perhaps you will return for a longer break next time?