How To Have An Amazing One-Night Golf Break In Portugal
Thanks to world class golf courses and great weather, Portugal has over the years become one of the best golf destinations in Europe. Surprisingly, unlike the United States or any other golf region in the world, there are only 70 courses in Portugal. As the saying goes – Quality is more important than Quantity. That’s certainly true in the case of Portugal. Very many courses in Portugal find themselves in the “100 Best Golf Courses in the World” list.
Ask any golf traveler, to you they would say that they had a wonderful time, the best ever, but in their heart they would regret not making the best use of their vacation time. If that is the case for those on a long golf trip, think about tourists visiting Portugal for a one-night golf break. We are here to offer you tips on how to have an amazing one-night golf break in Portugal.
- At best you have 36 hours or less to enjoy golf in Portugal. So, cut down on travel time by staying and playing on golf courses that are closer to the airport. If you’ve chosen the famous golf region of the Algarve as your holiday destination, then play at courses that are not too far away from Faro – home to the Algarve International Airport.
- You don’t have much time to pick and choose, so plan for your vacation well ahead of time. Although you trip is just a one-night affair, it is best that you start planning it 3-6 months in advance.
- Again time is of the essence, so pick an accommodation that’s nearby the golf course. Ideally, a luxury resort with its own golf course should help you cut down on travel time. There are numerous golf resorts in and around Faro.
- Book tee times even before you board the plane. It’s possible to play in two courses and up to 48 holes per day, but remember it’s not how much you play, but how much satisfaction you derive that counts. Play at one golf course and keep the number of holes to a maximum of 36.
- After playing 36 holes and spending some time in the resort, you’ll just have hours to partake in other fun activities on your golf getaway. The beaches in Faro are actually sandpits that border the nature reserve Ria Formosa. Most of the beaches here are accessible only by boats; the only beach that can be reached by road is the Praia de Faro.