Why O’Connor Golf Course, Portugal, Is A Good Place For A Break
The Oceanico O’Connor Golf Course has an equally famous neighbor – the Oceanico Faldo Golf Course. It’s only natural that tourists visiting the region would compare both the courses when deciding where to play. Today, we’re going to discuss features of the O’Connor Course that’ll convince you to make this your first stop after landing in Algarve.
- Located in the Silves, Algarve, the Oceanico O’Connor Course was created on a fertile valley terrain. Scores of golf tourists are attracted to this course because of its many water bodies. The O’Connor Course is famous for having many lakes and water hazards that are scattered throughout the landscape.
- The designer of this course, Christy O’Connor Junior, has made excellent use of the fertile land. Palm and other local trees have been planted to give the course an oasis like look and feel.
- Players who love challenges will have a wonderful time on this course. At first glance, the course might not look too challenging, but you might change your opinion after a round of golf. The long fairways, well-placed bunkers, lakes and water hazards, are enough to unnerve even the best players of the game. Only those who are accurate, consistent, and good at reading the conditions well, can hope to triumph.
- At Oceanico O’Connor Course some holes are tougher than others. Players will have an interesting time on the 7th, 8th, and 9th holes. These three holes have lakes bordering them. So, golfers must make sure they hit accurate tee shots and approaches at these holes.
- Golf tourists attach huge significance to the facilities available whiling choosing golf courses to play. Players would be amazed when they see the clubhouse and practice facilities at the Oceanico O’Connor.
- As soon as you arrive at the Oceanico O’Connor visit the pro-shop that’s well stocked with a wide range of golf products. The changing rooms at the clubhouse are spacious and modern. Players can enjoy the view of the course relaxing at the greenside café and bar.
- At the Oceanico O’Connor Course, you get to work on every aspect of your golf game. There is a separate area to practice both the long and short game. The Driving range is a good place to work on the drive. Hone your putter play on the practice putting greens.
- To learn the basics of the game, tourists can enroll themselves in the Oceanico Golf Academy. The academy has a par-3 floodlit course with 9 holes.